- Ride the Gondola – scenic and gravity defying, our public transportation is like a gentle amusement ride. With 360 degree views of breathtaking scenery, the 13 minute commute from downtown Telluride takes you to European inspired Mountain Village. Cost: FREE Intersection of W. San Juan Ave and S. Oak Street
- Eat at Tacos del Gnar – with a sister restaurant in Ridgeway, grab yourself a Drippy Mitch or Yard Bird taco, or shell out $10.50 (plus tax) for the Gnar Taco Dinner: pick any two tacos with cheese tots and kool beans.
123 S. Oak Street 970.728.7938
- Visit the Free Box. The cubbyhole of Goodwills, find some of the most fantastic treasures in Telluride’s 24/7 swap meet. Clothes, books, gadgets and household items. Cost: FREE 121 N. Pine Street
- Tour the Telluride Historical Museum. Museum associated with the Smithsonian with 10 themed rooms of exhibits dedicated to the area’s history & culture. $7 General Admission, $5 Students (6-17), $5 Seniors (65 and older), Free for Museum members and children 5 and under
Free admission for active military personnel 201 W. Gregory Avenue 970.728.3344
- Stop by a live broadcast at KOTO. Since 1975 KOTO has provided the Telluride region with high-quality, commercial-free, non-underwritten community radio. Their mission is to inform, educate & entertain while reflecting the needs, desires & diversity of our community. Cost: FREE w pre-arrival phone call. 207 N. Pine Street 970-728-4333
- Grab a snack at Cornerhouse – set in a historic house, this bar and grill has regular bar fare & a few Mexican dishes. Although it is a sports bar, children are welcome. Tables outside to enjoy the views, drink deals and a nightly specials menu. Cost: $5 pitchers of PBR & Miller High Life, all menu items under $15. Nightly Specials: Burger Night Monday, Taco & Tequila Tuesday, Whiskey Wednesday, Thursday is ½ off Ladies Day + Night/ ½ off Wing Night, Friday Burger Night, Saturday + Sunday Football Special, House Bloody Mary’s & signature Mimosas. 131 N. Fir Street 970.728.6207
- Visit Town Park – a scenic gathering place with camping & sports facilities plus a pool, playground & ice skating. Cost: Heated Pool – Adults $6, Seniors (59 and up) $3, Child (4-17) $3, Infant/Toddler (3 and under with paid adult) FREE, FREE Skateboarding & Sledding
Items that can be checked out: Horseshoes, Basketballs, Fishing rods/tackle, Footballs, Frisbees, Soccer balls, Softballs/bats, Tennis racquets and balls, Volleyballs.
Reservations required: Tennis/Pickleball, Disc Golf, Indoor Ice Rink
500 E. Colorado Avenue 970.728.2173
- Sample a Floradora Saloon blue plate bar special – serving fresh local food, Florie and Charlie Kane opened the Floradora Saloon in October 1973. In 2005 Florie and Charlie’s middle son, Roscoe, joined the business as the chef!
Cost: $8 Hot Wings (6), $9 Squash Fries, $10 Duck Egg Rolls, Jalapeno Poppers, Baked Mac n’ Cheese, $12 Short Rib Poutine, $13 Honey Baked Brie, $15 Mahi Fish Tacos
103 W. Colorado Avenue 970.728.8884
- Check out Esperanza’s Happy Hour – A surrogate mother to us all, Esperanza makes the best Margarita in town. Happy Hour is ½ off Apps and Margs, chips, cabbage & salsa included.
226 W. Colorado Avenue 970.728.8399
- Tasting Tour at Telluride Distilling Company. Vodka, Schnapps, Whiskey. Feel free to stop by during open tasting room hours and grab a taster and talk about any of the available products. One of the knowledgeable bartenders would be happy to give you a rundown of how the spirits are made & the "science and engineering" behind the distillery. Advanced scheduling required for large groups or private parties. 567 Mountain Village Boulevard Suite 106B 970.728.2910
- *BONUS – Visit The Last Dollar Saloon for one more… with 119 years of service and a newly opened Rooftop bar & patio, this local watering hole is in the exact center of town and lovingly referred to by locals as “the Buck”. Open any day starting a 2 PM, they have Telluride’s largest beer selection +/-60 Domestic, Imported, Local, Regional, Craft, Limited Edition and Seasonal offerings. A fun cocktail menu and a nice wine list also available. 100 E. Colorado Avenue 970.728.4800