Spring is quickly rolling into summer, but you still have time to check some important maintenance items off your list to ensure your rental is in great shape for summer. Here are seven helpful cleaning tips to share with your tenants!
- Check the AC filter and replace if needed
- Roof and gutter cleaning
- Are there obvious signs of fallen branches, gutters detaching, damaged roof, missing shingles, downed power lines, or any other problems? You will want a roof or gutter professional to help.
- Landscaping needs
- Remove dead trees, unwanted branches, turn on your sprinklers to check all are working.
- Get ready for BBQ season by checking your deck
- Check for loose floorboards or mold. You may want to consider resealing the deck to prevent deterioration.
- Check the attic
- Search for signs of insects/ critters and check for mold.
- Check the chimney
- Check the joints between bricks or stones to ensure none have fallen out and no vegetation is growing.
- Check your fire and CO2 alarm
Special thanks to Hemlane.